This guide will explain how to apply for a UW Credit Union Card and activate it at uwcu.org/activate or over the phone to unlock its potential.
UWCU, or the University of Wisconsin Credit Union, is a type of financial institution similar to a commercial bank but is basically a member-owned, not-for-profit financial cooperative serving Wisconsin residents in various ways.
Like other credit unions, UW Credit Union is committed to fulfilling the goals of its members by providing a complete suite of financial services and products for saving, borrowing, or spending. Here’s a summary of what it offers:
- Visa credit cards
- Student loans
- Investment and savings accounts
- Checking accounts
- Debit accounts
- Loans for various needs
UW Credit Union offers a variety of credit cards with different rewards programs and interest rates. You can choose one to suit your spending habits and financial goals. Here are some of the popular cards:
- UWCU Classic Visa
- UWCU Visa Platinum
- UWCU Visa Signature Rewards
- UWU Forward Madison FC Visa Debit Card
- Student Visa Credit Card
If you are a member of UW Credit Union, you can log into your UWCU account or visit your nearest branch to apply for a credit card. It takes minutes to fill out the application and get approved.
Once you have received your UW Credit Union card, you must activate it online at uwcu.org/activate or by calling the UW Credit Union’s customer service line at 1-800-236-UWCU (8928).
Guide to Activate UW Credit Union Card on uwcu.org/activate
NOTE: When following the activation process provided below, you will need to make sure that you have your card details available as you will need to provide them when prompted to do so.
- To begin with, you will first need to open a web browser on your computer, phone, or tablet and navigate to the activation page of UW Credit Union using the URL – uwcu.org/activate.
- Once you are on the activation page, you will need to enter the Username and Password in the provided field and press the Log In button.
- Once you are logged into your UW Credit Union account, you will need to follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process of your UW Credit Union card.
- In case you ever forget the Username or Password of your account, you will need to click on the Forgot Username or Password? Option on the activation page located below the Log In
- As you will click on the Forgot Username or Password? option, you will be directed to the next screen where you will be prompted to enter information such as Social Security or ITIN, Member Number, or Any Account or Card Number in the provided field.
- Once you are done entering the required information in the prompted field, you will need to click on the Next Step
- As you will click on the Next Step button, you will be directed to the next screen where you will need to follow the on-screen instructions to recover your UW Credit Union account Username or Password.
- After you have recovered the login credentials, you will need to return to the activation page and follow the instructions provided above to complete the activation process for your UW Credit Union card.
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to activate your UW Credit Union Card on the uwcu.org/activate page. However, if you are facing trouble activating your card, you can contact the UW Credit Union customer support for assistance by following the instructions provided below.
- Open a web browser on your phone, tablet, or computer and go to the homepage of UW Credit Union using the URL – https://www.uwcu.org/.
- Once you are on the homepage of UW Credit Union, you will need to scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the Contact Us You will be directed to the next screen.
- On the next screen, you will find the different assistance options to seek assistance for your problem. The different assistance options include Search Help, Schedule an Appointment, General Questions, and Phone Assistance.
Following these steps will help you to get appropriate assistance from UW Credit Union Customer Support easily.