Every year, thousands of Canadians travel to the United States for shopping, vacation, or work. They require a reliable cross-border banking system to safeguard their savings while staying in the U.S.
The Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) is one of the largest and most well-established Canadian banks that provides cross-border banking services to Canadians in the US.
RBC offers a wide range of credit cards, including cashback cards, rewards cards, travel cards, and business cards, to meet the diverse financial needs of its customers.
These credit cards are in great demand due to rewards, built-in travel insurance, no foreign transaction fees, and convenience for purchases in-store and online.
Have you already received your Royal Bank of Canada credit card? Well, you must activate your credit card before you can use it. You can activate your RBC credit card online at rbc.com/activate or over the phone at 1-877-900-5900.
Table of Contents
RBC Credit Card Pre-activation Checklist
Before activating your RBC credit card, ensure you have the following things handy:
- Your 16-digit card number and security code.
- Name on the card.
- Expiration details.
- A stable internet connection.
- A computer or mobile phone to access the rbc.com/activate.
Complete Guide to Activate RBC Royal Bank Online Credit Card
Whether you replace an old card or get a new one, you need to activate it before using it.
If you do not activate your card, you will not be able to use it, and you may miss out on your credit card benefits.
There are three ways to activate your Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) credit card:
If you don’t have access to Online Banking, you can activate your RBC credit card by following the steps below:
- Go to the RBC activation website – rbc.com/activate.
- Enter your 16-digit credit card number.
- Click the Start Activation button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions carefully and enter the details to activate your card.
If you have access to Online Banking:
- Go to the RBC website and sign in to your online banking account.
- Click on the Credit Cards tab.
- Select the card you want to activate.
- Click on the Activate My Credit Card button.
- Enter your credit card number and security code.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
After activating your RBC card at www.rbc.com/activate, you will receive a confirmation. You can now use the card to shop and pay bills.
If the above steps fail to interest you, here are other ways to activate your Royal Bank of Canada Credit Card. You can visit an RBC branch or call the bank from your registered mobile number.
Activate RBC Credit Card Over the Phone
Here are the steps to activate your RBC credit card over the phone:
- Call the RBC credit card activation number at 1-877-900-5900 from your registered mobile number.
- Have your credit card number and security code ready.
- Tell the customer service representative that you want to activate your card.
- Follow the instructions provided by the customer service representative.
Once you have activated your RBC credit card, you can use it immediately. Be sure to pay your bill on time each month to avoid late fees and interest charges.
Visit the RBC Branch to Activate Your Credit Card
Visit a Royal Bank of Canada branch with your credit card and government-issued ID. Speak to an RBC employee who can further assist you with activating your card. That’s it!
To locate the nearest RBC branch – click here.
How to Qualify & Apply for RBC Credit Card
To qualify for an RBC credit card, you must meet certain eligibility requirements, such as having a good credit score. You can apply for an RBC credit card online or at an RBC branch.
The highest-limit credit card offered by RBC is the RBC Visa Platinum. The maximum credit limit for this card is $100,000. However, the credit limit you receive will depend on various factors like your income and credit history.
To apply for an RBC Credit Card, follow the steps below:
- Go to the RBC website – www.rbcroyalbank.com.
- Click the Credit Cards options.
- Select the credit card you want to apply for.
- Click on the Apply Now button.
- Fill out the online application form.
- In the online application form, enter your personal information, such as your name, address, and Social Insurance Number.
- Provide information about your income and employment history.
- Agree to a credit check.
- Submit your application.
RBC will review your application and inform you if you are approved within 60 seconds. If approved, you will receive your new credit card in the mail within 7-10 business days. After receiving your new RBC card, activate it at rbc.com/activate.
Frequently Asked Questions
To activate your RBC credit card online, you need to visit rbc.com/activate. Enter your credit card numbers and follow the on-screen instructions.
Dial the toll-free number (1-800-769-2553) to contact RBC customer service. You can also send a secure message by signing into your RBC online banking.
Yes, you need to activate your RBC credit card before using it. When you activate your card, you can make purchases online and over the phone.
If you forget your PIN, you can reset it through your online banking account or by calling the RBC credit card activation number.
You can activate your RBC credit card by calling the activation phone number. You need to provide your card details and verify your identity during the call.