PBS Kids is a joint venture between the Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) and Sesame Workshop, a non-profit educational organization. It is a children’s television network that provides educational programming for children ages 2-8.
The PBS Kids channel is available through local PBS stations in most parts of the United States. You can stream the channel on your computer or mobile phone and also on streaming devices such as Roku, Firestick TV, and Apple TV.
To access the PBS Kids channel on your TV-connected device, you must install the PBS Kids app from the app store and activate your device at pbskids.org /activate.
Table of Contents
How to Activate PBS Kids at pbs.org /activate
You will need a few things to access PBS Kids on your streaming devices anytime, anywhere.
- An account with PBS Kids
- An updated streaming device.
- A second device like a computer or mobile phone.
- A high-speed Wi-Fi network.
pbskids.org/activate Apple TV
All Apple devices like Apple TVs, iPhones, and iPads support the latest version of the PBS Kids app. If you use an Apple TV, here’s a step-by-step process to activate the app:
- Turn on your Apple TV.
- Navigate to the home screen and scroll to the App Store from there.
- Look for the PBS Kids app.
- Click the Get button to install the app on your device.
- Launch PBS Kids to get the activation code along with a URL.
- Open pbskids.org/activate on your mobile or computer browser.
- Enter the code and click the Continue button.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.
Activate PBS Kids on Roku
Roku users can check the steps below to activate the PBS Kids app:
- After installing the PBS Kids app from the Channel Store, you need to launch it.
- Save the code and go to pbskids.org/activate.
- Enter the code.
- You will then click the Continue button.
- Stick to the instructions till you see a success message.
PBS Kids on Android TV
Follow the instructions below to activate the PBS KIDS app on your Android TV and enjoy free educational videos and clips with your tiny tots.
- Go to the Play Store from the home screen.
- Type PBS Kids and click the Install button when the app appears.
- Return to the home screen and launch the app.
- A unique activation code will appear.
- Save the code and head to pbs.org/activate.
- Type in the code from your TV screen and click Continue.
- Enter the required login details to complete the process.
Activate the PBS Kids app on your Fire TV and let your kids watch shows and videos designed to spark their curiosity and imagination.
- Access the home screen and scroll to the Amazon App Store.
- Search and install PBS Kids.
- Open the app to get a code.
- Open your mobile browser and access pbskids.org/activate.
- Enter the code and click Continue.
- Follow the instructions to complete the activation process.
How to Sign up for PBS Kids?
You do not need to create an account to watch PBS KIDS videos on the PBS KIDS Video app. However, creating an account has some benefits, such as:
- The ability to create a profile for each child in your household so you can track their viewing history and set parental controls.
- Download videos for offline viewing.
- Participate in special activities and games.
To create an account for PBS Kids, follow these steps:
- Go to the PBS Kids website or open the PBS Kids Video app.
- Click on the Sign Up button.
- Enter your email address and create a password.
- Confirm your password.
- Enter your child’s name and birthdate. (Optional)
- Click on the Create Account button.
Once you have created an account, you can sign in to the PBS Kids app on any device.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can enjoy Live TV and special shows or even download episodes for free.
No, signing up is not mandatory to access PBS Kids videos. You can watch most videos on the PBS Kids website and app without creating an account.
Yes, the Roku Channel Store boasts the latest PBS Kids app. You need to access the Channel Store on your Roku TV device and install it by clicking the Add Channel button.