Netflix is one of the most popular streaming services in the world, and it’s easy to see why. With a massive library of movies and TV shows, Netflix has something for everyone. And now, you can watch Netflix on your Amazon FireStick.
If you own an Amazon FireStick device, you might wonder how to access Netflix on this device. Although Netflix doesn’t come pre-installed on some old FireStick devices, you can easily install and enjoy Netflix by following a few simple steps. In this article, we will provide a step-by-step guide on how to watch Netflix on your Amazon Fire TV.
Table of Contents
What Do You Need to Stream Netflix on FireStick?
You will require the following things to start streaming Netflix on the big screen.
- Your Netflix account credentials.
- You must have an active Netflix subscription.
- Use a stable and high-speed internet connection.
- An updated Fire Stick device.
- Get the latest version of the Netflix app.
- Keep a mobile phone or tablet handy to activate your device.
Once you have all of these things, you can follow these steps to stream Netflix on Fire TV:
Guide to Connect Your Netflix Account to Your Fire Stick TV 
To watch Netflix on your FireStick device, you must install and activate the Netflix app. You can do this by following these steps:
- On the FireStick home screen, select the Find or Lens icon.
- In the search bar, type Netflix and select the Netflix app from the results.
- Select Download or Get to install the app.
- Once installed, click the Open button to launch the app on your TV.
- Follow the prompts on your TV to get an activation code.
- Now, scan the QR code using your phone or visit netflix.com/tv8 on a web browser.
- Enter the code shown on your TV, and tap Continue.
- Sign in with your Netflix credentials to activate your device.
You can now sit back, relax, and enjoy your favorite Netflix shows on your Amazon FireStick. Happy streaming!
How to Subscribe to Netflix
Without a valid subscription, you can’t watch Netflix on FireStick. To subscribe to Netflix, you can follow these steps:
- Go to netflix.com/signup or open the Netflix app on your Fire TV device.
- Click Start Your Free Trial. (Remember that Netflix offers a one-month free trial for new subscribers.)
- Select the plan that you want to subscribe to and click Next.
- Enter your email address and create a password.
- Enter your payment information.
- Click Subscribe.
Your Netflix account is now active and ready for streaming. You can access Netflix on various devices, including smart TVs, smartphones, tablets, and streaming devices like Amazon FireStick.
Netflix has four different plans –
- Basic with ads ($6.99 per month)
- Basic ($9.99 per month)
- Standard ($15.49 per month)
- Premium ($19.99 per month)
How to Sign Out of Netflix on Fire TV
Although the streaming world is witnessing stiff competition, Netflix never seems to let loose at all. It remains the undisputed OTT streaming service and is available on all leading devices. If you use it on multiple devices and want to log out on your Fire Stick, refer to the steps below.
- Power on your Fire TV.
- Access the main screen (home screen).
- Go to Settings and select Applications.
- You will then select the Manage All Installed Applications option.
- Scroll down and select Netflix.
- You are only a click away from disconnecting your Netflix account from your device.
- Select Clear Data to disconnect your Netflix account from your device.
Similarly, if you want to delete Netflix, go to:
Settings > Applications > Manage All Installed Applications > Netflix > Delete.
What Fire TV Devices Support Netflix?
Netflix is compatible with a wide range of Amazon Fire TV devices. Here are the Fire TV devices that support Netflix:
- Amazon Fire TV Stick (all generations)
- Fire TV Stick Lite
- Fire TV Stick 4K
- Fire TV Stick 4K Max
- Fire TV Cube (all generations)
- Fire TV (all generations)
- Fire TV Edition smart TVs
These devices all have the Netflix app pre-installed, so you can start streaming right away. If you have an older Fire TV device, you can still install the Netflix app from the Amazon Appstore.
Frequently Asked Questions
You need an Amazon FireStick device, a Netflix subscription, and a high-speed internet connection.
Yes, you need an active Netflix subscription to access and stream content on the Netflix app.
If you’re having trouble watching Netflix on FireStick, try the following troubleshooting tips:
– Make sure your FireStick is connected to a strong internet connection.
– Try restarting your FireStick device.
– Uninstall and reinstall the Netflix app.
– Update the software on your FireStick.