The growing demand for OTT and video-on-demand platforms led to another popular service known as 9Now. Run by Nine Network in Australia, 9Now offers online live streaming of Channel 9, 9Rush, 9Go, 9Gem, and 9Life, as well as live news via 9news.com.au.
If you are an exclusive on-demand and live-streaming lover, why not get 9Now on your TV?
To watch 9Now on your streaming device or Smart TV, you need to install the 9Now app from the respective app store and activate it at 9now.com.au/activate using your Nine account credentials.
Table of Contents
Guide to Activate 9Now at 9now.com.au/activate
If you have a 9Now account, you can activate the 9Now app on your preferred device to access different categories such as Reality, Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Natural World, Comedy, Adrenaline Rush, Entertainment, Sports, News, and more.
The following guide will help you install and activate the 9Now app on a compatible device like Android TV, Fire TV, Apple TV, Samsung TV, etc., from the relevant application store –
9Now.com.au Activate on Apple TV
Follow the steps below to watch your favorites, such as The Thing About PAM, New Travel Guides Perth, Ransom, The Real Housewives of Atlanta, and more on your Apple TV.
- From the home screen of your Apple TV, access the App Store.
- Find the 9Now app in the App Store using the search option.
- Select the app from the search results and tap the Get option to initiate installation.
- When installed, launch the 9Now app by tapping the Open option.
- Inside the app, you will see a 6-digit activation code to connect your TV.
- Keep this screen active and visit 9now.com.au/activate on another device to link the app to your Apple TV.
- Select Log in to your Nine Account or Create a Nine Account on the activation page.
- Once logged in, enter the activation code in the prompted field and click the Continue button.
Once the code is verified, you can watch the 9Now app on your Apple TV.
Activate 9Now.com.au on Fire TV at 9now.com.au/activate
Amazon Fire TV Stick users can activate the 9Now app by referring to the easy steps below:
- Select the Find option from the home screen of your Fire TV.
- In the Find section, search for the 9Now app using the virtual keyboard and select the app from the suggestions.
- Click the Get button to download and install the 9Now app on Fire TV.
- Post-installation, tap the Open option to launch the app.
- Now, play a random program in the 9Now app and select the Login option when prompted to sign in.
- A 6-digit code, along with an activation link, will display on your TV screen.
- Leave this screen visible and navigate to 9now.com.au/activate on a separate device.
- Use the Nine login credentials to sign in to your account.
- Enter the code and tap Continue.
9Now app is now active on your Firestick-connected TV.
How to Activate 9Now on Android TV or Smart TV
Check the simplest way to install and activate the 9Now app on your Android TV below –
- Head over to the Apps > Play Store section on your Android TV.
- In the search field, enter 9Now and begin the search process.
- Next, select the 9Now app from the search results.
- Then, click the Install button to install the app on your Android TV.
- Once installed, tap Open to launch the app.
- On the welcome screen, try playing any content. You will be prompted to sign in.
- Select the Login option to generate an activation code and instructions on your TV.
- Now that you have the code, open a web browser on your computer or mobile device, and visit 9now.com.au/activate.
- Sign in to your Nine account and enter the code displayed on your TV.
- After entering the code, click Continue.
The system will verify your subscription. After verification, you can access 9Now shows and movies on your Android Smart TV.
Activate 9Now on your TV using a 9Now Mobile App
- On your phone or tablet, launch the 9Now app and sign in.
- Once logged in, tap the Profile icon.
- Select the “Connect Your TV” option.
- Enter the code shown on your TV and click the Continue button.
- Return to your TV screen and start enjoying access to the 9Now app.
How to Create a NINE Account?
Since its launch, NINE claims to boast more than 8 million signups as of January 2022. So, if you want to be a part of the growing community and view 9Now’s content, you will need to sign up. Here’s how you can create an account with Nine.
- Open 9now.com.au on a computer or mobile browser.
- Click the login button on the top right corner of the screen.
- Click the CREATE A NINE ACCOUNT.
- You will land on a sign-up page. Here, you need to provide your email address and click the Continue option.
- Next, please enter the password and confirm it.
- Your new 9Now account is now ready.
What Is 9Now?
Stream 9Now Exclusives or your favorite Channel 9 and enjoy live-stream TV shows, news programs, and sports. Moreover, you get to catch up on news programs, including 60 Minutes, A Current Affair, TODAY, and 9News.
You can resume watching an episode where you left off using your free account. 9Now is the ultimate destination for all your entertainment needs.
Did we mention FREE? Yes, you read that right. You only need to create a free account to watch everything that matters to you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Sony Android TV, Nvidia Shield+, Vodafone TV, Kogan TV, and TCL TV are some of the Android TVs that support the 9Now app.
First, connect your iPhone or iPad to the same WiFi network to which your Apple TV is connected. Next, choose a video you wish to watch and select the Airplay icon from the screen. Then, choose your Apple TV from the list of available devices. The app will begin playing on your connected screen.
Connect your mobile device and Chromecast to the same WiFi network. In your 9Now app, select the Chromecast icon and tap the OK option when a pop-up message appears on the screen. Then, choose your Chromecast device to connect. Once connected, you can cast the desired content on your TV from the 9Now app.
Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Edge are compatible with the 9Now app. However, make sure to use the updated version of the browsers to avoid any issues.