If you are a fan of on-demand streaming services, you will love Kanopy. This streaming video platform is available for universalities and public libraries that offer critically-acclaimed movies, award-winning foreign films, inspiring documentaries, and more.
Want to stream thousands of movies and documentaries for free? Get the login details of your university or library and enjoy movies without ads on Kanopy.
To watch thought-provoking documentaries and other videos on your streaming devices like Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, or Fire TV, first, sign up with your library card and activate the Kanopy TV app at kanopy.com/link.
Go through this post and learn how to complete the Kanopy TV activation process online.
Table of Contents
Guide to Activate Kanopy TV App on Roku, FireStick, Android TV, or Apple TV
To activate Kanopy on your streaming device, you must use your Kanopy login credentials. So, if you have already signed up for an account, skip the sign-up process.
Steps to Sign-up for a Kanopy Account on TV
Follow the steps below to create a Kanopy account on your TV –
- Install the Kanopy TV app on your streaming device.
- Click the “Don’t have an account yet? Get Started” option.
- You will now see a sign-up code on your TV screen.
- Go to kanopy.com/tv on a supported web browser.
- Enter the code shown on your TV and click Next.
- Then, choose from the two options – FIND YOUR LIBRARY | FIND YOUR UNIVERSITY.
- Enter the required information as per your selection and continue to complete the sign-up process.
Your Kanopy account is now active. Now, open the kanopy.com link URL and use the credentials to activate your device.
Kanopy.com/link FireStick TV
- Select the Find option from the home screen of your Fire TV.
- In the search field, type Kanopy using the on-screen keyboard.
- Select the app from the results and tap the Get button to install it.
- After installation, tap the Open button to launch the app.
- You will see an activation code on your TV screen.
- Now, visit kanopy.com/link and sign in using your login details.
- Enter the code and click Activate.
- Then, follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process.
The Kanopy account is now linked to your Fire TV Stick.
Activate Kanopy on Android TV via kanopy.com/link
Here’s how you can download and activate the Kanopy TV app on Android TV –
- Go to the Apps > Google Play Store section on your Android TV.
- Look for the Kanopy app in the Play Store and tap the Install button.
- Once you have installed the Kanopy app on Android TV, launch it.
- From the welcome screen, note down the link code.
- Now, open kanopy.com/link on your phone/pc browser.
- Enter your email address and password to sign in.
- Then, enter the activation code in the prompted field and submit it.
Your Android TV is now ready to cast Kanopy movies and documentaries.
Kanopy.com Link your Apple TV
Apple TV is another popular platform to watch your favorite movies and shows with your friends and family. If you purchased the device recently and didn’t know how to activate Kanopy on Apple TV, refer to the steps mentioned below.
- Launch the App Store on your Apple TV.
- In the App Store, look for the Kanopy app and install it.
- After installation, launch the app by tapping the Open option.
- Fetch the activation code from the welcome screen.
- Now, open the Kanopy activation page (kanopy.com/link) on a separate device.
- Sign in to your Kanopy account.
- Then, enter the activation code in the provided fields and complete the on-screen prompts.
The Kanopy app is now active on your Apple TV.
Kanopy TV App Activation on Roku
To add and activate the Kanopy Roku channel, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Go to Streaming Channels > Search option from the home menu of your Roku device.
- Type “Kanopy” in the search field using the virtual keypad.
- Next, select the app from the search results and press the Add channel option.
- The app will begin adding to your Roku device.
- When installed, launch the app by tapping the Go to channel option.
- Inside the app, follow the prompts to get an activation code.
- Visit kanopy.com/link on another device.
- Sign in using your Kanopy account credentials.
- Once logged in, submit the activation code and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process.
Which browsers can you use to access Kanopy content?
Apart from a TV-connected streaming device, you can watch Kanopy programming on your web browser. Here are the compatible web browsers –
Supported browsers for Windows (8 and above):
- Firefox 47+
- Chrome 75+
- Edge 17+ (Windows 10 and Windows 11 only)
Supported browsers for macOS (10.11 and above)
- Chrome 75+
- Safari 9+
- Firefox 47+
Supported browsers for Chrome OS:
Frequently Asked Questions
Double-check that you have entered your library card number correctly. If the problem persists, consider contacting your library for assistance.
– Sign in to your Kanopy account on a web browser.
-Once logged in, hover over your profile name and select the My Account option from the menu.
– Next, select the Edit option under the My Information tab.
– Then, enter your new email address or password.
– Then, tap the Save option. That’s it.
You can seek assistance from Kanopy support by submitting a form here.