Barclays is a reputed British multinational investment bank and financial services company. It is known for providing services for Corporate Banking, Personal Banking, Investment Management, and Wealth Management. From unveiling the world’s first ATM to funding the first industrial steam railway in 1819, Barclays Bank has many such “first to do” credits in its 300 years of history.
This bank has achieved leading positions in its extensive line of business which comprises Investment Banking and Corporate Banking. Because of its vast expanse globally, having an account in Barclays Bank is an excellent option for carrying out day-to-day banking tasks effortlessly.
If you have recently opened an account with Barclays and received a Card, you will need to activate your Barclays card at barclaysus.com/activate before you can make use of it.
For complete details, refer to this post below.
Table of Contents
Guide to Activate Your New Barclays US Card 
When you receive a credit or debit card from Barclays, it is necessary to activate it before making payments and purchases. The activation process of Barclays Card is relatively easy and can be carried out in multiple ways –
Activate Barclays Card at barclaysus.com/activate
One of the best ways to activate your Barclays Credit Card is online at barclaysus.com/activate. Below are the quick steps to help you with the activation process within a few minutes.
- Visit the Barclays Card activation page – barclaysus.com/activate.
- If you are a New card member, fill out the below details to get your card activated.
- 16-digit card number
- 3-digit security code
- Last 4-digits of SSN
- If you are an Existing card member, tap the Log in button and enter your username and password to activate your card even faster.
- After filling in all the details, click Activate.
Your Barclays Credit Card is now active and ready for use.
Register Your Barclays Card via the Mobile App
Another quick way to activate your Barclays credit card is by using the mobile application available for both Android and iOS devices. The process to activate your Barclays card is simple – Install the Barclays Credit Card app, sign in to your account, and complete the activation process.
- Install and launch the Barclays US Credit Card app on your Android or iOS device.
- Select the Activate your account option from the welcome screen (sign-in page).
- Next, choose from the New Cardmember | Existing Cardmember option.
- Considering you have an account, enter your username and password to get started.
- Then, enter your Card Number, Date of Birth, Social Security number, and Security Code, and select whether you are a United States citizen or not.
- After that, continue with the further guided instructions to complete the activation of your Barclays Credit Card.
So, these are the instructions you will need to follow to activate your Barclays Card. If you need further assistance regarding your Barclays Card activation, you can reach Barclays customer support at 0800 151 0900.
How to Sign Up for Online Access at Barclays
Although you can activate your Barclays Credit Card without setting up online access, having the registration allows you to manage your card for all the features it offers. If you wish to set up Online Access, follow these directions:
- Access the Barclays Online Access registration page.
- On the sign-up page, enter the last four digits of your Social Security Number, Date of birth, and Account number in the prompted fields.
- Next, select your Current Occupation from the drop-down menu and choose the Yes/No option for the “Are you a United States Citizen” prompt.
- Then, tap the Continue button to create your Username and Password. The system will instruct you to create a strong password that will be difficult for others to guess.
- After that, configure your security questions and answers for an added layer of security on your account.
- Finally, verify your email address to complete the Online Access setup.
By setting up the online access, you will be able to access your account on the website or Barclays app with the same username and password.
Frequently Asked Questions
If your card has been lost or stolen, call Barclays Customer Service at 888 232 0780 and be ready to provide the following information:
– Recent card activity.
– Police report information if the card was stolen.
– Suspected place, date, and time when you lost your card.
You will receive your new card within a few working days. Make sure you activate your new card at barclaysus.com/activate before using it.
When you use your card outside the US or a transaction in a currency other than US dollars, a Foreign Transaction Fee will be charged. You can find more details about the charges in your Cardmember Agreement. You can get your Cardmember Agreement from the Services menu.
You can request a credit limit increase online. Log into your account, go to the Services tab, and follow the instructions under the Request Credit Line Increase section.
Yes, you can mail the payment of your credit card to any of the following addresses:
Card Services, PO Box 60517, City of Industry, CA 91716-0517
Credit Card Payments, PO Box 13337, Philadelphia, PA 19101-3337