Mint Mobile is a reputed telecommunications company known for selling mobile phone services and operating as an MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator) on T-Mobile’s cellular network across the United States.
The company has been recognized with numerous awards, including Best MVNO’s “Most Disruptive MVNO” back to back for 2017 and 2018, WhistleOut’s “Best Cell Phone Plans and Deals,” and Future’s “Best Value Carrier 2019” from their Tech Awards.
If you recently purchased a Mint Mobile SIM card, remember that you will need to activate it at mintmobile.com/activate before you can use it.
Table of Contents
Mint Mobile Activate – A Step-by-step Guide
Below are the instructions that will help you activate the Mint Mobile SIM card. You have 45 days to activate your newly received Mint Mobile SIM.
If you want to keep your existing phone number, select the appropriate option during the activation process.
Note: Mint Mobile SIM activation only takes a few minutes if you opt for a new number. If you transfer your existing number, you will be assigned a temporary phone number until the transfer process is completed.
- Visit the Mint Mobile activate link – mintmobile.com/activate.
- Enter the 11-digit ACT code located on the back of your Mint Mobile SIM card. If you are activating an eSIM, you can find the ACT code in the email.
- Then, click the Get Started button.
- On the next screen, enter your ZIP code to let Mint Mobile verify your network coverage.
- Next, you will need to choose from one of the following options displayed on your screen:
- Transfer an Existing Number
- Get A New Number
- If you wish to use your current phone number for Mint Mobile, tap on the Transfer an Existing Number option.
- Then, provide the Transfer Details – your phone number, account number (account information from your current carrier), PIN, ZIP Code, and Alternate Phone Number (Optional).
- When done, click the Transfer button.
- Go through the Mint Mobile Return Policy on the subsequent screen and select the checkbox next to I have read and agree to the Mint Mobile refund policy. Then, click the Proceed with Activation button.
- If you want to enroll in the auto-recharge feature, add your Billing Info in the given form and click Add this Credit Card option. Otherwise, select the Skip for Now option.
- Now, on the My Account Info screen, enter your First Name, Last Name, Email, and Password, and then click the Submit Information button.
You will see the “Activation Still in Progress” status after submitting the information. This indicates that your phone number transfer request is in process. You will receive an SMS once the transfer process is completed.
Activate Mint Mobile SIM via the Mobile App
Another method that you can consider to activate your Mint Mobile SIM is using the Mint mobile application.
- Download and install the Mint Mobile app on your mobile device (available on iOS and Android).
- Launch the app and tap the Activate your SIM card option.
- Next, enter the 11-digit ACT CODE in the provided field. You can find it on the back of your SIM Card.
- Then, tap the Continue button.
- Insert the SIM Card as instructed on the screen and tap the LET’S GO option.
- After that, enter your First Name, Last Name, and Email, and tap CONTINUE.
- Similarly, enter your ZIP Code and tap CONTINUE.
- The subsequent screen will guide you in configuring DATA & MMS SETTINGS.
So, now you know how to get Mint Mobile active on your phone using the mobile app or visiting the activation URL – mintmobile.com/activate.
Frequently Asked Questions
Unfortunately, there is no store offered by Mint Mobile. At present, their service is only available online.
You can check the Mint Mobile coverage map to know the service availability in your area. The green icon will show the expected coverage in that location.
No, you must keep your service active with your current carrier to get your number released from them.
Yes, you can get Mint Mobile on your current device with the Mint Mobile’s Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP) program.