With the DISH Anywhere app, you can easily manage your home DVR and enjoy access to an extensive library of hundreds and thousands of on-demand movies and shows from popular networks, including Showtime, Starz, Epix, and more. So whether you wish to enjoy the latest movies /shows in your home or on vacation, DISH Anywhere is a perfect balance of convenience, comfort, and entertainment.
You can watch your favorite DISH Anywhere shows on your laptop, desktop, tablet, or smartphone through a simple sign-in process. However, to stream DISH Anywhere on streaming devices like Apple TV, FireStick, Roku, Android TV, Smart TV, etc., you need to activate the DISH Anywhere app at dishanywhere.com/activate.
Want to know step-by-step instructions? Follow the detailed guide provided below.
Table of Contents
Dishanywhere.com Activate on Roku, FireStick, Apple TV, or Android TV 
The process to activate the DISH Anywhere app on most streaming devices or Smart TVs is more or less the same. First, install the app from the relevant application store, launch the app to generate a code, and use the code to activate DISH Anywhere at dishanywhere.com/activate.
To know the process for a particular device, refer to the instructions below.
dishanywhere.com Activate on Amazon FireStick
Follow the steps below to activate & stream live sports, breaking news, or DVR collection using the DISH Anywhere app on Amazon Fire TV.
- Head over to the Find section on your Fire TV.
- Under the Find section, use the Search option to locate the DISH Anywhere app.
- Once located, select the app and tap the Get option.
- Wait until the app gets installed on your Fire TV.
- Next, tap the Open option post-installation to launch the app.
- Your TV screen will display a unique code.
- Access dishanywhere.com/activate on a separate device.
- Enter your DISH username and password to log in.
- Once logged in, enter the code and click the Activate Device button.
Then, get back to your Fire TV and enjoy access to the DISH Anywhere app.
Activate DISH Anywhere on Android TV
You can access live or recorded shows and movies anytime by installing & activating the DISH Anywhere app on your Android TV. Follow the information below to get the entertainment-loaded app on your Android TV.
- From the home screen of your Android TV, access the Apps section.
- Launch the Google Play Store app.
- Look for the DISH Anywhere app in the Play Store using the search option.
- Once you locate the app, press the Install button.
- After installation, press Open to launch the app.
- A one-time unique code will display on your TV screen.
- Don’t close this screen while you access dishanywhere.com/activate on another device.
- On the activation page, sign in using your DISH login credentials.
- Enter the code in the prompted field and click on the Activate Device button.
Upon successful activation, you can watch thousands of On Demand movies and shows on Android TV.
Guide to Activate DishAnywhere.com on Apple TV
If you wish to access the DISH Anywhere app on your Apple TV, here are the steps you need to follow.
- Visit the App Store on your Apple TV.
- In the App Store, search for the DISH Anywhere app.
- Select the app from the search results and tap the Get button.
- The app will begin to install on your Apple TV.
- After successful installation, select the Open button.
- Follow the prompts on your TV to get an activation code.
- Open the dishanywhere.com activate URL on your phone/pc browser.
- Sign in using your Online ID and Password on the activation page.
- After signing in, provide the activation code and click Activate Device button.
You can then return to your Apple TV-connected screen and start watching your favorite DISH Anywhere content.
How to get Dishanywhere.com Activate on Roku
Refer to the instructions below to install and activate the Dish Anywhere app on your Roku device:
- Access the home screen of your Roku device and scroll down to select the Streaming Channels option.
- In the Streaming Channels section, select the Search option and find the DISH Anywhere app.
- Next, tap the Add Channel button to install the Dish Anywhere app on Roku.
- After installing the app, tap the Go to Channel option to open it.
- A one-time registration code and activation instructions will display on your screen.
- Now, visit dishanywhere.com/activate to access the DISH Anywhere activation page.
- Enter your Dish Anywhere login details on the activation page and click the Login button.
- Now enter the activation code displayed on your Roku TV and tap the Activate Device button.
The DISH Anywhere subscription is now linked to your Roku device.
Can I Watch DISH Anywhere using Chromecast?
To cast DISH Anywhere videos from your smartphone (Android or iPhone) to your big screen TV using Google Chromecast, first, connect both your devices (Chromecast and Phone/Tablet) to the same WiFi network and follow the instructions below –
- Install the DISH Anywhere app on your phone or tablet.
- Launch the app and sign in using Dish credentials.
- Next, select the Cast option in the Dish Anywhere app.
- Select your Chromecast device from the available list of devices
- The app should display the “connected” message when successfully linked.
- Now, play the video you wish to cast on your TV.
You can now enjoy desired content on your big screen through the Chromecast device.
Note: If you wish to stop casting, select the Cast icon from any page in the app and tap the “Stop Casting” option.
How to Access DISH Anywhere on Android and iOS Devices
DISH Anywhere app is available for both Android and iOS devices. So, to access DISH Anywhere on your smartphone, follow the below instructions.
- Go to the application store of your mobile device.
- Play Store for Android
- App Store for iOS
- Next, use the search option to find the DISH Anywhere app.
- Download & install the app.
- After installation, launch the app.
- Inside the app, sign in using your DISH account credentials.
You will then be able to access DISH Anywhere on your smartphone.
NOTE: If you cannot sign in to your DISH Anywhere account, make sure to check the status of your subscription by going to the DISH Anywhere website. If your subscription is active and you are still unable to access the channel, contact the DISH support team.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can create an Online ID by providing your email address associated with your DISH package. First, go to the Online ID setup page https://my.dish.com/createOnlineId and enter your email address in the provided field.
Then, click the Continue button to receive an email containing instructions to proceed further. Alternatively, you can provide your registered phone number instead of your email address to create an Online ID.
DISH offers numerous subscription packages to customers. These include:
All-Time Favorites& Locals: 190 Channels at $69.9/Month
Everything Sports: 190+ Channels at $84.99/Month
Best Value: 240+ Channels at $94.99/Month
Everything Sports & Entertainment: 240+ Channels at $94.99/Month
Everything Sports, Entertainment, & Movies: 290+ channels at $104.99/Month
NOTE: All packages come with a 2-Year TV Price Guarantee.
Unfortunately, the DISH Anywhere app is not available on Xbox One. However, you can sign into select apps on Xbox using your DISH subscription.
The DISH Anywhere is not currently available on PS4. However, if you want, you can use your DISH Subscription to watch select apps on your PlayStation 4.